Monday, 30 July 2007

Napoleon Dynamite, now on DVD


He's out to prove he's got nothing to prove.


Napoleon Dynamite, this low budget gem really surprised me. GOSH!!! From the previews I had seen, I had no interest whatsoever. After seeing it on HBO (after several attempts at trying to watch it through), I'll have to place it in my list of The Top 27 Most Favourite Cinemas!!! It's great, and it's really funny in a very endearing way. Go rent it, or buy it on DVD.

Preston, Idaho's most curious resident, Napoleon Dynamite (Jon Heder), lives with his grandma and his 32-year-old brother (who cruises chat rooms for ladies) and works to help his best friend, Pedro (Efren Ramirez), snatch the Student Body President title from mean teen Summer Wheatley (Haylie Duff).


Pedro: Do you think people will vote for me?
Napoleon Dynamite: Heck yes! I'd vote for you.
Pedro: Like what are my skills?
Napoleon Dynamite: Well, you have a sweet bike. And you're really good at hooking up with chicks. Plus you're like the only guy at school who has a mustache.



Kip: I'm just really trying to raise a few bucks now so I can bring her out for a few days.
Uncle Rico: Yeah, well what does she look like?
Kip: She's uh... she's got sandy blonde hair. She's uh... pretty good looking face, but I'm just getting really... just kinda TO'd because... I mean she hasn't even sent me a full body shot yet.

No comments: